Congratulations to Chemistry Department members for their many accomplishments this summer, including:
- Akbar Salam, election to the Committee on Nominations (to 2015), and funding from the US Department of Energy as co-host/co-organizer of “ES12: The 24th Annual Workshop on Recent Developments in Electronic Structure Theory;”
- Raj Guddneppanavar, funding from the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs for “New multifunctional small molecule drugs to treat non-small cell lung cancer;”
- Angela King, funding from the North Carolina AHEC for “Project SEARCH Academy Summer Follow-up Program in Chemistry;”
- Uli Bierbach, funding from the Publication Fund for his paper in Metallomics;
- Christa Colyer, funding from Ameritox for “Capillary electrophoresis in clinical chemistry;”
- Undergraduate chemistry major Xinxin (Stephanie) Zhang, recipient of the 2012/13 Blackbyrd Scholarship;
- Graduate student Thomas Poole, recipient of an NIH NRSA predoctoral fellowship in the Structural & Computational Biophysics Program.